Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Bainbridge Georgia Walkabout

We took a short ride north to Bainbridge Georgia just to walk about on Sunday. It's a small old southern town and let me tell you, everything is closed on a Sunday. Everything except the Chinese restaurant.

Here is an overload of the very old houses decorated for Christmas. I took these snaps on the back of the moving trike so....some I could edit and straighten up.

FullSizeRender (8)

I wonder how old some of these are and how many generations lived in this house?

FullSizeRender (9)

The decorations are great. More work than I would want to do but who knows, if we had a stately old home like this I may go all out.

FullSizeRender (10)

This one was huge. I couldn't get it all in one frame. I'll bet a family of 12 wouldn't get under one another's feet in this place.

FullSizeRender (11)

This is a place we would like to try. Like everything else it was closed but when you state you have the best sandwiches in town, that's a claim I would like to check out.

IMG_5392

A view from where we parked.

IMG_5393

This little box was in the park. How cool is this? Books, mostly for children, but it's on a honor system so you may take what you like. Next time we ride to Bainbridge I may take some books to donate.

IMG_5388

The center of town has a park. I like this old fountain.


IMG_5372

IMG_5373

The gazebo is in the far corner. Concerts and events are held here and I would like to attend one if I can find a schedule of events.

IMG_5387

It was a brilliant day for walking around. Blue skies, a bit windy, good temperatures.

IMG_5383

Here is a cannon from the Civil War sitting near the center.

IMG_5384

And here is some information proudly displayed,

IMG_5385


The Confederate States of America monument. Center court.

IMG_5382

IMG_5379

IMG_5380

This was a nice ride and a good walk around the small center of town. Sometime we'll have to ride back and check out The Bean Cafe and see what other businesses are open.

Hope you enjoyed the walkabout!

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty houses and (you're right) beautifully decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the houses and everything else about this town! I think I need to start taking pictures of the places we visit and posting them, I love when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many old Victorias in that town - the fretwork is amazing on the houses... we have several "libaries" around our neighborhood like that one, good to see people actually reading books... looks like ya'll had fun... have a Merry Christmas and best to your family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Drick & Vicki and Jo! Merry Christmas to you all, my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you "guys" are having a bikers blast traveling all over. Good for you Tina! That town looks a bit like Bellefonte. They just had a Victorian Christmas celebration and the houses looked amazing!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Tina...Enjoy the holidays. "See" you next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Louise. We have been enjoying the traveling! I hope you are well and enjoying the holidays 😊

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........